Create Your Retreat
Shop Affordable, Adjustable Bases
A bed isn’t just the mattress, but it is made up of several pieces that help make your place of rest truly a place for restful sleep. An adjustable base can help you create the perfect oasis for downtime that can also offer some medical and lifestyle benefits. Shop our affordable, adjustable mattress bases, and enjoy prices that allow you to rest easy.
Mattress for Less has everything that you need to create the perfect bed that will allow you to count hours of sleep instead of sheep. Shop what we have to offer online or stop into one of our locations in Waterbury, Newington, or Wallingford.
Benefits of An Adjustable Base
- Alleviate lower back pain
- Provide relief from heartburn, diabetes, asthma, and arthritis
- Reduce snoring
- Sit upright in bed more comfortably
- Allow couples to both sleep comfortably
Transform Your Bedroom Into a Tranquil Retreat
We offer the best adjustable bases to make any bedroom a dream come true.
Leggett & Platt Adjustable Bases
Leggett & Platt Adjustable Bed Bases inspire relaxation and rejuvenation, and are the ideal centerpiece for your customized bedroom haven. With the touch of a button, your bed adapts to whatever position you desire, effortlessly increasing your comfort.
- Twin Extra Long - Price: $499
- Queen - Price: $599
- King - Requires 2 Twin Extra Long Bases
- Get more information on the adjustable bases we carry from Leggett & Platt.
The Medical Benefits of Adjustable Beds
There’s a reason adjustable beds are associated with hospitals. Simple changes to the way you sleep can have a profound effect on your health. Adjustable base beds are a great way to not only get some of the customizations that you need, but also to turn your room into a relaxing retreat. Adjustable base beds can not only solve some of the problems that couples face, but can also aid some medical difficulties and typical sleeping difficulties such as snoring. An adjustable bed may just be your next favorite bed. Adjustable beds allow you to get a more restful sleep and, when properly positioned, can alleviate many aches and pains and medical issues, including:
- Lower back pain: Adjusting the bed up or down redistributes the pressure across your body, which can help alleviate lower back pain. Often the cause of lower back pain is unnecessary pressure on particular points on the body. An adjustable bed can reduce that uncomfortable pressure and can aid in stretching your back with the upright positions that this bed makes available.
- Heartburn & Acid Reflux: Heartburn and acid reflux are incredibly uncomfortable, especially when you are trying to sleep. Because you can sit comfortably and elevated, an adjustable base mattress can help ease the effects of your heartburn. Elevating the head while sleeping helps the stomach retain acids that might otherwise travel up the esophagus and cause heartburn.
- Diabetes: Though an adjustable bed isn’t the ultimate solution for dealing with diabetes, it can greatly aid in the relief from its side effects. Many diabetics who use adjustable base beds enjoy better circulation due to the ability to elevate their legs during the night.
- Asthma: Having a comfortable way to sleep in an upright position during the night can greatly aid those who suffer from acute asthma and sleep apnea. Many are able to find a position on a adjustable bed that can help them have better quality and quantity of sleep.
- Arthritis: Arthritis, especially rheumatoid arthritis, can be incredibly painful and the pain alleviated by regular massage. Because many adjustable beds have a massage function, those with arthritis are able to get the relief that they need and sleep through the night.
The Lifestyle Benefits of Adjustable Beds
Health benefits aside, adjustable beds are now associated with luxury. While they appear like a standard bed (and can be paired with frames and linens to suit your style), they offer so much more.
- Reduce or eliminate snoring: Your sleeping partner will thank you. Raising the head of the bed seven degrees can eliminate snoring by supporting your spine and respiratory system.
- Read, eat, and watch television: Stacking pillows behind your back is a short-term fix when you want to read or watch television in bed, as they constantly have to be fluffed and readjusted for comfort. An adjustable bed allows you to sit upright and offers more spinal support and comfort than pillows.
- Massage: The benefits of regular massage are countless. It reduces stress, lowers blood pressure, and relieves tension headaches and eyestrain among many other advantages. With some adjustable beds, you can gain these benefits with a nightly massage that will also prepare you for a more restful night’s sleep.
- Zero Gravity: You’ll have to try this feature in-store to fully appreciate it, but most adjustable beds now have a “zero-gravity position” that makes it feel as though you’re sleeping on air.
- Couples Comfort: You want to stay up late into the night, finishing off your latest mystery novel. Your sleeping partner has an early meeting and needs to get some shut-eye. Some adjustable beds let you both have your way with each side operating independently.