Transform Your Bedroom
Into a Tranquil Retreat
We offer the best adjustable bases to make any bedroom a dream come true.
Leggett & Platt Adjustable Bases
Leggett & Platt Adjustable Bed Bases inspire relaxation and rejuvenation, and are the ideal centerpiece for your customized bedroom haven. With the touch of a button, your bed adapts to whatever position you desire, effortlessly increasing your comfort.
Twin Extra Long
Requires 2 Twin Extra Long Bases
Get more information on the adjustable bases we carry from Leggett & Platt.
The Medical Benefits of Adjustable Beds
There’s a reason adjustable beds are associated with hospitals. Simple changes to the way you sleep can have a profound effect on your health. Adjustable beds allow you to get a more restful sleep and, when properly positioned, can alleviate many aches and pains and medical issues, including:
- Lower back pain: Adjusting the bed up or down redistributes the pressure across your body, which can help alleviate lower back pain. Additionally, you can actually stretch your back from bed, by positioning it upright and slowly lowering it down.
- Heartburn & Acid Reflux: Elevating the head while sleeping helps the stomach retain acids that might otherwise travel up the esophagus and cause heartburn.
- Diabetes: While an adjustable bed cannot cure diabetes, it can provide relief from some of the side effects of this disease. For example, diabetes can cause poor circulation, particularly in the legs. Elevating the legs during sleep can alleviate this condition.
- Asthma: Sleeping in a slightly upright position takes stress off of the lungs, which can help those who suffer from asthma or sleep apnea.
- Arthritis: Painful rheumatoid arthritis can be comforted by regular therapeutic massage. Many adjustable beds are equipped with massage functions that provide relief when you need it.
The Lifestyle Benefits of Adjustable Beds
Health benefits aside, adjustable beds are now associated with luxury. While they appear like a standard bed (and can be paired with frames and linens to suit your style), they offer so much more.
- Reduce or eliminate snoring: Your sleeping partner will thank you. Raising the head of the bed seven degrees can eliminate snoring by supporting your spine and respiratory system.
- Read, eat, and watch television: Stacking pillows behind your back is a short-term fix when you want to read or watch television in bed, as they constantly have to be fluffed and readjusted for comfort. An adjustable bed allows you to sit upright and offers more spinal support and comfort than pillows.
- Massage: The benefits of regular massage are countless. It reduces stress, lowers blood pressure, and relieves tension headaches and eyestrain among many other advantages. With some adjustable beds, you can gain these benefits with a nightly massage that will also prepare you for a more restful night’s sleep.
- Zero Gravity: You’ll have to try this feature in-store to fully appreciate it, but most adjustable beds now have a “zero-gravity position” that makes it feel as though you’re sleeping on air.
- Couples Comfort: You want to stay up late into the night, finishing off your latest mystery novel. Your sleeping partner has an early meeting and needs to get some shut-eye. Some adjustable beds let you both have your way with each side operating independently.