Comfort Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive
A Nice Mattress Doesn’t Have to Put You In Debt
We all dream having the mattress of our dreams — if only we could afford it. However, when you shop at Mattress For LESS, you can shop name-brand mattresses at a fraction of the price you would pay anywhere else. What’s more, we also provide everything else you need to create the perfect bedroom, including bed frames, headboards, mattress protectors, pillows, and more. Check out what we have online and stop by one of our three locations in Waterbury, Newington, or Wallingford.
Brand Names Mattresses For LESS!
Enjoy a good night sleep from the national brands we carry.
At our three Connecticut locations, we carry Sealy, Sealy Posturepedic, Therapedic, Eastman House, Sleep Comfort International by Kingsdown, Solstice Sleep Products by Jamison, Eclipse, Body Fit, AmeriMattress, and many more.
Hand Tufted Traditional Collection from Eastman House
At Mattress For Less, choose from the very best mattresses that support and comfort you, ensuring restful sleep each and every night. Our low prices are always guaranteed on any of our products.
Mattress Size Guide
CALIFORNIA KING MATTRESSES
California King is 12″ wider than a Queen bed but adds 4″ in length. This may be a better choice for taller adults. This size is sometimes known as the “Western King”. Bedding may be labeled either “California King” or “Western King”. A California King bed set comes with one mattress and two half-width boxsprings to be more manageable when moving. Approx. width per person: 36″
Traditional king-size beds measure 76 inches wide by 80 inches long. California king-size beds measure 72 inches wide by 84 inches long. Sharing a king-size bed with another person affords one the same room as sleeping alone in a twin-size bed.
The most popular mattress size around, the queen mattress fits best in a master bedroom that’s at least 10 x 10 square feet. At 60 inches wide and 80 inches long, the queen offers plenty of space for couples or individuals who like having extra room to move around in bed.
The dimensions of full-size beds are 54 inches wide by 75 inches long. They are sometimes called double beds. Before king and queen sizes existed, most couples slept on full-size beds. These beds are ideal for pre-teens or teens who are shorter than 65 inches.
The dimensions of twin-size beds are 35 inches wide by 75 inches long. They are often ideal for a child’s bedroom, and can fit on daybeds, bunk beds, and other small bed frames. There are also Twin XL mattresses that are usually 38 inches wide and 80 inches long, making them a good choice for pre-teens and teens who are starting to grow.
There are so many ways to stay supported, and the right foundation is the best way to keep your mattress in great shape for years to come. Find the foundation that best matches your mattress and your space needs.
STANDARD PROFILE - 8″ x 9″
The standard profile box is the most common height for a foundation.
LOW PROFILE - 4 1/2″ X 5 1/2″
A low profile foundation can allow for easier access, especially when paired with a thicker mattress style.
SPLIT FOUNDATION - 4 1/2″ X 5 1/2″
Foundation consisting of two different boxsprings. Can be standard or low profile height.
All king−size mattresses comes with split boxsprings for easier maneuverability. In these cases, two long twin box springs are used. If you are moving a queen−sized mattress into a small living space, you may also require a split foundation (“custom queen”).
- THE IMPORTANCE OF THE FOUNDATION/BOXSPRING
- It is strongly recommended that you purchase a boxspring/foundation that is specially designed to match your new mattress. A mattress and foundation are engineered to work together as a set, and the foundation takes a lot of the nightly wear and tear, and contributes to the bed’s overall comfort and support. Putting a new mattress on an old foundation, pairing it with a foundation it wasn’t designed to work with, or adding a board between the mattress and foundation will impede comfort and reduce the useful life of your new mattress. It may also affect the manufacturer’s warranty.
- WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED A SPLIT BOXSPRING
- Split boxes are foundations made up of two (2) separate boxsprings placed side-by-side, and are especially for delivery to places where a normal whole boxspring will not fit, such as through tight doorways, staircase or around narrow corners. All King size mattresses use Split boxsprings. Queen size boxsprings are available in two (2) types: Whole and Split boxsprings. Split Queen boxsprings are two 30 inch X 80 inch boxes that equal the size of one (1) whole Queen. If you think you will require a Split boxspring, you should make sure to order your Queen mattress with a Split boxspring. This can be found in the size selection under (Split Queen Set) or (Custom Queen). Only order split boxes if necessary, since they cost more than a 1 piece box.
- ADJUST YOUR WAY TO COMFORT
- Whether you’re watching a movie or responding to work e-mails, and adjustable base transforms your mattress so you can work, relax and play. If sinus pressure, back pain or a snoring partner is keeping you awake, simply adjust your bed with the wireless remote control. Based on your preference, you can raise or lower the base for premium lumbar support, or relax even deeper with a massage feature for your head and lower body.
- IF YOU HAVE A PLATFORM BED…
- Platform beds are a very popular style of bed today. They are frames, typically with a solid platform or wooden slats across it for the mattress to rest on. They are relatively low to the ground, and do not require a boxspring/foundation. Because of the popularity of platform beds, more people are making mattress-only purchases than ever before.
- WAKE UP FEELING REFRESHED AND RENEWED WHEN YOU HAVE A NEW MATTRESS FROM US!
- Your mattress should support your body by relieving pressure in problem areas. Personal attention from our mattress pros means that you will be fitted with your perfect mattress. Enjoy pillow top, plush and firm mattress styles in any of these popular name brands.
Knowing When To Ditch Your Old Mattress
- Like saying goodbye to anything familiar, it can be difficult to ditch an old mattress, especially when you feel like getting a new one will be expensive or at least a monthly investment. For these reasons, we at Mattress For LESS provide easy financing options so that you can get a comfortable mattress by a respected brand for an affordable price. With that being said, here are some ways to know when it’s time to say goodbye to your old mattress.
- If your mattress is sagging, then unfortunately your mattress has run its course and is ready for retirement. For, if your mattress is sagging in one direction or another, it is not giving you the support you need to not only sleep during the night, but not incur injury.
- If there is an impression where you sleep, then your mattress is worn out. Like sagging, if your bed has an impression, then your mattress is no longer giving your body the support it needs. Years of sleeping on a worn out mattress can not only cause alignment issues, soreness, and other long-term discomfort, but also restless sleep that isn’t the quality sleep that you need.
- Lumps are also a sure sign that your mattress is in need of replacement. Lumps, whether they be small or a large human-size, are a clear sign that your mattress has seen better days and is ready for its final rest. Lumps can create irregular pressure points on parts of your body that you don’t need; like all of the above signs, lumps can cause long-term issues that will not only impact your sleep, but also your health.
- No More Memory (Foam)
- Old memory foam will often become stiff and hard in a cool room and overly soft if in a warm room. Regardless of the temperature in your room, old memory foam is no longer doing its job and providing you the comfort and support you need if it is overly hard or soft. As we will mention—like a broken record—an ill-supportive mattress isn’t good for your body or your sleep.
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Though difficulty sleeping can be the result of many issues, often it is due to an old mattress that has given up the ghost. Uncomfortable mattresses—as you are probably well aware of—not only impact how quickly you fall asleep, but also the quality of sleep. Regardless of the quantity of sleep, poor sleep is just as bad as little sleep.
Questions to Ask Yourself Before Buying a Mattress
Before you come into our mattress store, it is a good idea to ask yourself about what you want in your new mattress. Here are some questions to answer to know where to begin in your quest to find the perfect bed:
- What did/do I like about my current mattress?
- What mattress size do I want or need?
- What does my partner want and need in a mattress?
- Do I like a firm mattress or a soft one?
- Do I need a mattress with options for customization? If so, what are my priorities?
- Ready to Invest in a New Mattress?
- If it is time to give up your mattress, please feel free to come into one of our locations. Those of us at Mattress For LESS are not only knowledgeable about mattresses in general, but also about how our mattresses can address your needs. View our inventory online and be sure to stop into one of our locations.
GET YOUR PURCHASE WITH SAME DAY PICK UP OR DELIVERY
Our warehouse is attached to the store, so you can get your mattress the same day you purchase!
- Call or stop in today to one of our three Connecticut locations, Newington, Wallingford or Waterbury to choose from the best and most affordable mattress selection.
- Shop All Mattresses
We believe that getting a good night sleep shouldn’t cost “an arm and a leg” or involve a discouraging amount of financial hoops to jump through. For this reason, we offer zero percent financing, requiring no money down or credit. We offer payment options at each of our three convenient locations in the Waterbury, Newington, and Wallingford because we believe that comfort and affordability can go hand-in-hand. Shop online or come into our stores to have one of our knowledgeable sales associates not only help you find the bed of your dreams and give you the deal that won’t break the bank. Be sure to check out our specials as well! Click below to learn more about the financing and payment options we provide.
We often offer specials and have sales that can take the stress out of finding the perfect mattress, headboard, or bed frame. No matter what kind of bed you are looking for your Connecticut home, be sure to check our specials and to stay tuned for regular and holiday sales. To learn more about our current specials, click below.
Contact Us & Visit
Mattress For Less is here to offer comfortable and affordable Top Rated Local® bedding to our neighbors in Connecticut at our Newington, Waterbury, Wallingford locations. If you have questions about our products, sales, financing options, or anything less, feel free to contact us! Or simply stop in one of our mattress stores and say hello!